L over at https://ltalkslife.com/ has nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much girl! She’s @Ltalkslife if y’all want to jump on over and follow her on twitter too 🙂
I haven’t had this blog for long, but I have already “met” so many supportive, inspirational people in the blogosphere and I will be forever grateful!
I’m just going to jump on in and answer the questions!
1. Why did you start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
I originally started my blog to have an outlet for my writing; I’m a creative soul and I’m always writing down thoughts and new ideas. I find blogging to be very therapeutic for me as well 🙂 I’ve had several blogs over the years but I only started this one back in September of last year.
2. What inspired your blog name?
Well…my blog name is my name haha! I’m a person who is constantly changing my mind so I knew if I picked anything else I would want to change it again within a couple months lol.
3. Who is your blog aimed at?
I’d like to think that my writing is aimed towards women in their 20’s like myself. Or rather, millenials, those of us who are trying to “adult”.
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Fellow bloggers! I’ve found so many fellow bloggers that are so incredibly supportive! As well as my subscribers, it makes my day when I get comments and feedback on my posts.
5. What would you like to change about blogging?
Hmm…that’s an interesting question. For me personally I would like to see bloggers be more recognized on a business/career level. I see so many influencers that are relevant on social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram, yet the blogosphere isn’t recognized in the same way.
6. Do you blog full-time or balance it alongside another career?
I wish! I work full-time as a stylist in a very busy salon, and I also run a MLM business with Arbonne. It doesn’t leave me a lot of time to blog to be honest, however I am working to hopefully change that.
7. What tips would you give to your fellow bloggers?
You can never prep too much! I wish someone would have told me that before I started my blog. I wish I had drafted more posts before I launched just to have something to fall back on.
8. Do you actually put pen to paper to write your blog or work on a computer/laptop?
I almost always draft out my posts in my journal 🙂 I don’t know why I just find it to be relaxing to write with a pen instead. It’s also much easier to bring a notepad to work or wherever I’m going to jot things down rather than lug around a laptop. I carry a notepad everywhere I go!
9. What inspires your blog/how do you come up with new content?
I’m always looking for new inspiration, and I keep an ongoing list of blog post ideas. Whether I’m reading other blogs, books, magazines, or scrolling through Instagram there are so many place to find inspiration!
10. What is your dream job?
If I’m going to put a “job title” to it, it would be BOSS BABE lol! All I want is the ability to be creative with my work and flexible. If I could run my business with Arbonne and blog full-time I would be ecstatic!
11. What do you aim to achieve by the end of the year?
Blogging-wise I would really love to grow my reach and subscribers 🙂 As well as develop a good routine to get posts up and scheduled more often (twice a week here’s hoping!).
If you’ve been nominated there’s a few rules you’ll need to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Award logo on your post/bog.
I’ve written up 11 new questions for my nominees below:
- Name 3 of your favourite blogs?
- What is your favourite post you’ve written?
- Best tip for driving blog traffic?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What is your biggest goal for 2018?
- What is your favourite social media platform?
- How has your life changed from a year ago?
- What is your go-to self-care habit?
- Where are you from?
- What are you most proud of?
- What is your dream vacation?
LAST BUT NOT LEAST here are the 11 amazing bloggers I am nominating for The Sunshine Award!!
Bex at Little Bex Writes
Sarah at White Wine On Ice
Jordan at Sane At Home Mom
Jules at BJJ and Self Love
Caroline at Caroo Makeup Blog
Jess at Help I’m Hungry
Maria at Maria Moen Blog
Natalie at Natalie Maria Blog
Katherine at The Weekend Fox
Bridget at Just a Travel Bee
Kellie at Kellie Mariee Blog